February 17, 2009

The 13 Year Old Dad

Ahh, Alfie and Chantelle. Too young to vote, too young to drive, and too young to play the video games they're playing. And yet they've managed to procreate. This happy little (and I stress the world little) couple managed to make headlines over at Sun News. Not the usual publication I reach for to garner the truth, but this was something too head-splitting to ignore. Read 'em and weep folks.

I wish, I really wish that I could find something cute or snarky to say about this, but I can't. The only reaction I seem to be able to illicit from this is eye-gouging anger, and the facial expression of someone who has spent months listening to fingernails being scraped on chalkboards. This is sad and infuriating, and just makes me want to crawl into bed and wait for the world to die.

One can only hope that this has the credibility of any other Sun News publication, and ends up being as truthful as the ancient Indian prophecies for the end of the world.

No comments: