September 14, 2009

Kanye West Did What?

I'm pretty sure everyone in the world and their conservative aunts knows about this...

I'm at a complete and total loss for words here people. I mean, there are things in this universe which are smug, and things which are pure stupid. Occasionally, there are those things that happen to be equal parts of both. But this? This is on a whole new level of it's own. Some parallel plane of batshit crazy that isn't even visible in this spectrum.

I can't really yell about it, because I'm not 100% sure that West even realizes his true caliber of douche. I seriously thing that somewhere in that cloudy, neon-colored brain of his, that he really thinks he's inspiring us little-folk into awe. In the face of that sort of insanity, I just can't be angry. I can really only stare dumbly, and feel troubled about. This is the sort of thing that one muses over with a stiff tumbler of rum, wondering what the hell happened to the world. Because people like this have been given license to be this strange. There's a group of people out there who made this guy into enough of a hero that he can actually get away with this.

I'm lacking in venom over this little incident, but I did walk away with one revelation:

Beyonce disgusts the living hell out of me, and I'm no fan of Taylor Swift either. And yet, all it takes for me to sympathize with both of them apparently, is Kanye West.

No comments: