May 19, 2009

Utah's Latest Celebrity

Some may still be reeling from the bashing I gave the state of Utah recently. It might be felt that me talking about Utah as only being popular for over-the-top polygamists, heady snowfall, and a pioneering spirit long since dead, might be construed as a little cruel.

If you are one of these people, then let me say this......Deal with it!

There's a lot to celebrate about Utah, a great many things that make me smile when I call this place home. And if it was truly a full mass place of numbskullery 24/7, I would've loaded up on pharmaceuticals and moved to Canada a long time ago. But, the cool and interesting things about this place are still very much in the counterculture, while the crazies of the bunch are still the ones being passed around the mainstream.

Need proof? Consider this newsworthy event. Utah's name is now in the news again, national news I might add. And not because of scientific breakthrough or political assignment either, this time, it's for an 11 year old boy who had nothing better to do with his life than break the world record for how many snails he could place on his face.

Snails! On his face! This is the kind of shit that continues to make us a laughing stock people!

No comments: