May 11, 2009

Star Trek: 2 and 1

Rather than go the usual route of writing a lengthy review of my experiences while watching the new Star Trek movie, I'm opting to simplify things here. Let's face it, there are plenty of places to get a full synopsis on the movie. And with a little bit of careful Googling, you can probably find one that matches your opinions to a T. So, out of awareness that there are so many reviews out there, and part laziness, I'm going to avoid the lengthy.

What I will do today is simply point out two things that I found quite enjoyable about the new Star Trek film, and one thing that I wasn't so much a fan of. Be warned, THESE THINGS MAY BE A BIT SPOILERISH. So, if you haven't seen it and want to be completely surprised, quit reading this post. In fact, quit reading altogether, go buy yourself a movie ticket, and go watch the damn thing already.

Okay, so here goes:

THE TWO

.Mixing the Beastie Boys and Star Trek is fucking righteous!

.Wynona Rider didn't talk much and died quickly, always a plus.

THE ONE

.They worked a little too hard trying to squeeze in all those memorable quotes into the movie.


That is all.

No comments: