March 13, 2009

Rafael: The Dancing Missles

I found this on Gizmodo, and just had to say something about it.

For the wise amongst you who take a look at the screenshot and say "There's no way in hell I'm watching that, just sum it up for me Boogie," here's what's going on. it's a commercial, done in the style of a Bollywood musical, produced by a company that is known for manufacturing missiles.

Don't bother to reread that last line, you read it correctly: Missiles. Those things you mount on airplanes and battleships to make shit go boom.

Now, here's a list of reasons you should play it smart and not watch this video.

.The song is infectious. Ridiculously infectious. And not in a good way either. You'll be contemplating blowing your brains out while humming this to sleep tonight. I know I sure will.

. The lyrics are corny for a love song, and unsettling as a business proposition. Except for the verse "dinga dinga dee" which I can't even begin to comprehend. A problem, since it's in the song..... a lot.

. All the dancers dancing around missiles has this really twisted phallic element going on. I'm not sure how to feel about it.

. The main singer looks like David Hasselhoff.

There, plenty of good reasons to move past this post, and read something far better for you on this blog. But, if you're brave, stupid, or both, here's the vid:

No comments: