August 22, 2008

100th Post

Welcome good people, to The Boogie Man Speaks, post # 100! Yes I know, exciting stuff. Has it really been You're all probably still choking on your "oohs" and "aahs" to even speak right now. Understandable. Fortunately, I've prepared a little something.

Actually, I haven't prepared anything. I don't even know how to go about this. Frankly I'm surprised that I had 100 bits of material worth of gibberish to even say. Surely I should've gotten bored of this crap and taken up finger painting by now? Why am I still doing this?

Oh well, another question for another time. Now, it's about celebrations. I need to say something good. Something epic. I need to ad lib, improvise. I improvise pretty well I think, so this should be a cinch.

Hmmm.................

I could create a thank you to all the good people who have come to this page, and tirelessly read through all I had to say. The devoted boys and girls who never missed a post, fed me a steady diet of emails and phone calls, gave me support and fed my muse with interesting tidbits and news from around the globe. All those folks who have made TBMS the well loved page that it is today.

Nah, that's ridiculous. Nobody reads this crap.

I suppose I could thank all the people who work here at TBMS. The editorial staff, the graphic arts team, all the sponsors who have donated time and face to make this the quality page that it is.

Wait, I'm the only one that works here. And I can't thank myself. It's kind of conceited.

Well, maybe I could take a walk down memory lane. Revisit some of the finer moments of writing here at TBMS. Think back to all the hard work and effort I put into this, and smile with a sense of history and satisfaction.

Wait, I really don't want to go back through all I've written. It's long, and depressing. Everytime I scroll past one of the older posts, I'm a little more ashamed of myself. And also, I really don't work all that hard. I have an idea, I fart it out on page, check the grammar, publish, then watch TV. Plus, revisiting the glory days for my admiring public still has a problem since, "nobody reads this crap."

You know what? Screw it. Just screw it. This is 100, #101's coming down the pipe. It's only gonna get worse.

No comments: