June 5, 2008

More Dreams

Last night I dreamed I was going to an event with Anthony Bourdain. Some food-related hulabaloo, I'm not even sure why I was invited. But anyways, I shook a few hands, sampled some generic eats, and then Anthony introduces me to Alton Brown, who's a total gentleman by the way. We start sipping Mai Tais and talking all things music and movies. During this bonding time, we decide that we should be the new incarnation of The Rat Pack. There was no argument that Bourdain should be Frank Sinatra, but we were stuck on who Dean Martin should be.

It was decided that a drink off was necessary to make such a delicate decision. So, I hit shot after shot of highly distilled alcohol against Mr "Good Eats." Few people know this about Alton, but the man can hold his liquor. He's not just goofy chuckles and hard-core science, the man can drink most mortals under the table. Of course, I'm not one who ever goes down easily, which made for a very interesting competition for any soul brave enough to watch.

Several drinks later, I win. But only barely. Alton takes the role of Sammy Davis Jr. with dignity and pride. And the new Rat Pack is born. We decide to christen ourselves as such by throwing deviled eggs at all the Food Network celebrities.

Again, I have no idea what it means, but it's put me in the best of moods.

No comments: